Within Charleston, South Carolina, a very special island town has emerged. This is a place where traditional neighborhoods, nationally ranked golf and a vibrant downtown enjoy a spectacular coastal setting. Surrounded by rivers, creeks and beautiful marsh views, Daniel Island is a place where people live and work, where children walk to school, and where the opportunities for active recreation are limitless. Residents of all ages have come from around the country to make their home here, drawn by the island’s natural beauty, welcoming neighbors and endless array of amenities and conveniences, all within just 15 minutes of historic Charleston, SC.
DANIEL ISLAND NEIGHBORHOODS
I’m interested in learning more about:
Codner’s Ferry Park
- Location of the South-end Boat Ramp (Beresford Creek Boat Ramp)
- Codner’s Ferry is home to Bellinger Island. A beautiful .27 mile nature trail around the Beresford creek. Tall 50’ pine trees are all around the island, and a wonderful fishing dock and another look out deck is located on this island. This is island is a great escape into nature and walking distance away.
- Codner’s Ferry Park is is in the center of beautiful homes, and boasts swings for kids, a pirate ship play set, abundant green space, and a field to kick ball around.
- Scott Park Pool is nearby in this neighborhood, which also has another park for kids. This is a tranquil pool, lined with beautiful trees, a bathhouse and area for BBQ and parties.
- Prices vary in this wonderful neighborhood. This was the first phase of Daniel Island back in 1996; therefore mature trees are lined all around the neighborhood. Some of the homes need updating since they are over 20 years old, although you will find plenty of remodeled and well kept homes as well. Price range from $500,000-1,000,000+ for Marshviews and even higher for deep water access to Beresford Creek. No Condos, or Townhomes in this area.
- Overall, a very charming neighborhood, with wonderful Low Country architecture and tall, draping oak trees.
- Elevated homes, with Marshviews. (Elevated homes are perfect if you need extra garage space, and some can fit multiple cars and even boats in them. Downside is you have a lot of stairs to climb. )
- These homes are generally semi-custom to custom homes. $650,000 on up to a million.
- Cochran Park is a tranquil neighborhood that is found at the end of Seven Farms Dr. Only traffic through this neighborhood is the homeowners generally.
- Most homes were built in the early 2000’s.
- If you enjoy, low traffic streets, this is your place to live, because just about every street is a dead end, or a court.
- Near Scott Park Pool.
- Famous for the Etiwan Park that host 4th of July activities, soccer games, football games etc. One of the top five parks for kids is also there. You will find a basketball court and volleyball net.
- Near Bishop England High School.
- Throughout this established neighborhood, you find ponds and bike trails nestled throughout.
- No Condo’s or Townhomes in this neighborhood.
- Price range from $500,000 to $650,000.
- One of the largest neighborhoods on Daniel Island is Center Park.
- Center Park features one of the top parks on the island, featuring two playgrounds on each end of the park. Beautiful Crape myrtle trees and Sycamore Trees surround this park.
- Freedom Park, which is the park behind the K-8 school features tennis courts, basketball courts, public restrooms (available late 2016) fields for baseball and soccer.
- K-8 school is located inside of Center Park and is rated a 10 out-of-10 school by numerous well appointed websites.
- Bishop England High School is walking distance away.
- Pierce Park Pool is a half a mile away.
- Mature trees and heavy wooded areas surround this gorgeous neighborhood.
- Homes were built in the early 2000’s through 2006.
- Prices vary in Center Park based on square footage, and if it is a custom home, or not. Generally $500,000 up to $900,000.
- Center Park is located in a wonderful part of the island, because it is easily accessible to walk downtown, walk to the schools, and pool.
- Condos and Townhomes are found in Center Park.
- Pierce Park Pool is one of the larger pools on Daniel Island. This pool features a wonderful water/sprinkler section and play area for kids. Also, features Pierce Park pavilion overlooking the Wando River, and a play park.
- This is a smaller neighborhood, and many of the homes have alleys to access garages.
- Custom homes are found in here and beautiful Townhomes surround Pierce Park.
- $400,000-$800,000’s price range.
- This is a cozy neighborhood featuring some ground level homes perfect for those who don’t prefer a lot of stairs. You will find cute, cottage style homes and townhomes throughout this neighborhood.
- Price ranges from $400K-$600K depending on square footage of property.
- Marshview are along Barfield Street allowing for peaceful and relaxing scenery.
- Smythe Park is home to Smythe Lake, a perfect fishing and picnic lake. The lake features numerous opportunities to relax and watch jumping fish come out of the lake.
- The Lake features a kayak landing dock and numerous picnic tables.
- The Smythe Lake path is about .50 miles long and perfect for jogging, riding bikes, or walks with the dog.
- This neighborhood features large homes, track, semi-custom and full custom homes are nestled throughout this neighborhood.
- Prices start around $700,000 and up to 3 million along the Wando River.
- Just like most neighborhoods in Daniel Island, you have alley homes, and detached garages. You will find an abundant of Carriage Homes, or what we call FROG’s in the Low Country. (Family Room Over Garage.)
- Park facility inculdes an Olympic-sized pool, beach entry, and is available for rental and community functions.
- View of the beautiful marsh vistas.
- Prices are around the $600-800k range depending on square footage.
- Home of Daniel Island Country Club featuring award winning, two 18 hole golf courses, Ralston Creek Course and Beresford Creek Course. Courses were designed by Tom Fazio and Rees Jones.
- Gorgeous Country club house that overlooks the marsh and moss covered trees.
- Tennis and Fitness center is all part of the recreation and social membership. A beautiful pool is also all part of the club.
- Most homes and Townhomes are priced from $800,000 on up to $4,000,000. About half the properties on the Parkside are well over a million dollars and are gorgeous, large, custom homes. Many features classic Charleston Architecture and large lots.
- This is NOT a gated community; therefore we all can enjoy the bike trails throughout the Parkside.
- A few parks are encompassed throughout Parkside, but you will find more on the Southend of the island.